4/02/2022

Dusting off the old blog: Quick March Recap

 Hello Everyone! 

After a couple years I'm back with a feather duster in hand to dust off the old blog. 

I do find blogging hard, but I think that it's a great way to go into more detail of the supplies and techniques used to create my colourful projects. 

I wanted to start off by doing a quick recap of the projects I made in March. 


1.) Kinda Cute by Patricia: Boy Doing Exercise


I had fun creating my own soccer net and soccer ball for this card! I'm not one who usually draws, so it was definitely something I'm proud of! 

He was the digital stamp for March's Facebook Kindacutebypatricia challenge. 



2.) Kinda Cute by Patricia: Unicorn With Cotton Candy

One of my favorite projects I made this month was using this sweet unicorn and some pretty papers from my stash. I chose a different colour combo for her main body by using a cream colour and adding depth with blue violet markers. 


3.) Challenge 33: There's A Stamp for That: Easter, Stamp set older than a year, and stripes
Kraftin Kimmie Stamps: Fawn'd Of You

 


I made this cute little tri-fold Easter card for the challenge. I had so much fun trying a fun fold and working on a bit of a smaller card. I coloured the bunny with copics, and watercoloured smooshed the eggs in dreamy pastel colours 


4.) Kinda Cute by Patricia: Sibling with Puppy




I tried something new by using March's Sheetload of cards sketch to create these 4 cards. I actually really enjoyed myself, although I must admit that watercolouring all 4 images took some time! 

I had to watercolour the pup in black as he so reminded me of my beloved Cobi. 


5.) Kraftin Kimmie Stamps: Forest Friends



Kraftin Kimmie had her Spring Virtual retreat this month, and it reminded me of the spring retreat that we did last year, where I painted this gorgeous image with Krafty Girl Melanie. 

I decided it was about time that I put this image on a card. I used some extra bits from the kit including the gorgeous florals. 

I entered it in the March Spring Retreat Facebook Challenge: Purple (couldn't resist the colour with the pretty whimsical mushroom). 




I'm pretty happy with the amount of cards I was able to make this month! 

Thanks for looking!

Patti



No comments:

Post a Comment